Frequently Asked Questions about Invisalign
Invisalign treatment is the virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth and achieve that beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of. Invisalign aligners are made of a smooth, almost invisible plastic that you wear over your teeth. The aligners will gently and slowly shift your teeth into their proper place with no wires or brackets.
Will Invisalign fit my lifestyle?
• Eat what you want! Invisalign allows you the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat.
• Invisalign is virtually invisible, so odds are no one will even notice anything is different, until you reveal your beautiful new smile.
• Brushing and flossing is easy. You can easily remove your Invisalign aligners, so you can brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene. • Have a special date? It’s OK to occasionally remove your aligners to enjoy a special event or night out.
• You don’t have to change a thing. You can continue with your regular day-to-day activities while straightening your teeth.
• Feel good about yourself and your smile with Invisalign. Since aligners are clear, you don’t have to hide your smile while going through treatment.
• Invisalign makes it easy to have a picture-perfect smile for any special occasion.
• Invisalign appointments are fast and easy to fit into your busy schedule. Most visits are in and out, with a quick progress check once every six weeks.
What is Invisalign?
The Invisalign system is an orthodontic treatment that straightens teeth using clear, plastic, removable aligners. Because they are clear and can be taken off and on, they are less noticeable than traditional braces. Invisalign aligners are custom made for your teeth — and your teeth only — to move them little by little. Each aligner is worn for about two weeks before being replaced by the next in the series until the final position of your teeth is achieved. Your Invisalign treatment time will be determined by your doctor based on your specific needs.
Whether you are a parent exploring orthodontic treatment for your teen, or an adult who has put off treatment for years, Invisalign is the comfortable, discreet way to achieve a perfect smile.
What are the primary benefits of Invisalign?
Invisalign aligners are clear. Most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them.
Invisalign is more comfortable than metal braces. The clear plastic aligners don’t irritate your teeth or gums.
You can eat what you want. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink whatever you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners before you eat.
It’s easier to maintain good oral health with Invisalign because you can remove your aligners to brush and floss.
Invisalign saves you time. Unlike braces that require more frequent office visits to change the arch wire and make adjustments, you will have fewer checkups with Invisalign.
Invisalign allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment, so that you can preview how your straight teeth will look once your treatment is complete
How many patients are being treated with Invisalign?
More than 6 million patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign and the number of Invisalign smiles grows daily.
Be sure to contact us if you have any questions about Invisalign or how you or another member of your family might get started. Our team offers no-cost, virtual or in-person consultations.